- We operate strict client care and quality policies and always aim to provide you with the highest level of legal expertise and to be available, approachable, understandable, prompt and courteous.
- We will keep you informed about all important developments in your case and we will respond to your letters, emails and telephone calls promptly and efficiently.
- The majority of our clients are very happy with the service we provide them, but in the event that you have any cause for concern including about a bill, in the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues.
- If you wish to make a formal complaint then please contact our complaints handler, Fleur Everett. If the complaint is about Fleur Everett, you can contact Sarah Milner. If the complaint is about a Family Mediator here then please contact Sarah Milner. Our office telephone is 01706 644187.
- We take all feedback from clients seriously. Our full Complaints Handling Procedure is available on request. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
- We are usually able to deal with any concerns you have promptly and to your satisfaction, but the Legal Ombudsman and the Family Mediation Standards Board will help you if we are not able to resolve your complaint ourselves. The Legal Ombudsman and the Family Mediators Standards Board will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first and, assuming you have, will look at your complaint independently.
- A complaint to the Legal Ombudsman Service must be made:
- Within 6 months of you receiving a final response form us to your complaint;
- No more than six years from the date of the act/omission;
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
- If you would like more information about the legal Ombudsman, please contact them. Contact details are:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 between 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Or write to: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.
- A complaint to the Family Mediators Standards Board must be made:
- Within 3 months of you receiving a final response from us to your complaint; or
- You have made a complaint to a Family Mediation Council Registered Mediator and they are not responding to your complaint.
- If you would like more information about the Family Mediation Standards Board, please contact them.Contact details are:
Telephone: 01707 594055 between 9.00 am and 3.00 pm.
- JBHS is committed to ensuring that all Partners and Employees give their full co-operation to the legal Ombudsman and the Family Mediators Standards Board in the event of any dispute or complaint against this firm.
- What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority at: